In my endeavour to teach my students I will:
- Maintain a good student/teacher relationship by at all times speaking respectfully and in an appropriate and calming manner
- Treat all students regardless of gender, culture, race, religion, age, ability or disability with the same level of professionalism, respect and dignity, being empathetic to their particular circumstances
- Maintain a duty of care to all that share the road including other drivers, pedestrians, road workers, official vehicles, emergency personnel and cyclists.
- At all times conduct myself in a professional manner during the training experience, including dressing appropriately and neatly, paying attention to grooming and hygiene, arriving promptly for appointments, being flexible in the event of cancellations or changes to appointments and requested movements of the student during the lesson and ensuring the safe return of the student to their starting point.
- At all times offer a vehicle, being a late model with the latest comforts to enhance the driving experience. My vehicle will be in excellent condition free from defects, clean and well maintained and serviced on a regular basis to ensure safety to both the student and myself. I will hold all the relevant insurances and certifications required to run my motor vehicle as prescribed by law.
- Offer a learning experience which incorporates all facets of road safety, current road rules, vehicle maintenance, low risk driving awareness, vehicle features and operation, vehicle handling appropriate to weather conditions as well as courtesy and respect for other drivers.
- Ensure the student has a thorough knowledge and awareness of all vehicle controls i.e. pedals, levers, switches, seat positions, safety belt adjustments etc.,
- Take pride in the service I offer and at all times act in an ethical, moral and approachable manner, being honest and transparent in my business dealings, always striving to offer the best I can to all students and conduct my business in a way that people would be happy and confident to recommend my services, offering value for money for the services provided.
- Guide and advise the student on their readiness to complete the RMS driving test and do all in my power to assist the student to achieve a successful outcome on their first attempt.
- Attempt to develop an instinctual awareness in the student that will not only result in driver competency and a zero accident mentality, but build life long safe driving skills